NEWS - BROCADE - Brocade Helps Customers Build Agile Networks for Digital Business at VMworld 2016
For the first time, Brocade will demonstrate new capabilities in the Brocade Analytics Monitoring Platform including a user-friendly dashboard interface. The Brocade Analytics Monitoring Platform provides end-to-end visibility and unprecedented insight into application performance to reduce storage networking latency. Brocade and QLogic are also demonstrating VM Insight for the first time. A collaborative effort between host bus adapter vendors and Brocade, VM Insight tags virtual machines (VM) to enable monitoring of application performance at the VM level in a Gen 6 Fibre Channel SAN.
New VMware Integrations
Brocade also announced and will be showing the following integrations for VMware solutions:
- Brocade VDX® switches achieved hardware virtual tunnel endpoint (VTEP) certification integration with VMware NSX-V. This integration will make it easier for customers to architect, automate and integrate current and future data center technologies -- resulting in faster provisioning times and convergence across physical and virtual networks.
- Brocade VDX switches are now integrated with VMware Network Insight providing NSX users with better visibility into VM-to-VM traffic flows across virtual and physical networks, distributed firewall rules and security containers.
- The latest release of the Brocade SAN Analytics Pack for vRealize Operations Manager provides customers with increased visibility into storage network health.
- Brocade vRouter is now a certified solution with VMware vCloud NFV enabling service providers to deploy secure virtual network services with massive scale and ultra-high performance on commodity servers.
Brocade Demonstrations at Booth #935
Visitors to Brocade's booth will have the opportunity to meet with subject matter experts and discuss how Brocade solutions provide a trusted networking foundation for VMware environments. Technology demonstrations -- featuring solutions for virtual and non-virtual networking, Fibre Channel storage networks, visibility and analytics, network automation, virtual application delivery and cloud-based Wi-Fi management -- will highlight how the network plays a critical role in helping organizations connect their users to data and applications anywhere in the world using any device.
Building on its deep storage expertise and the largest ecosystem of storage partners, Brocade will demonstrate continued innovations in IP storage networking at VMworld. IP storage requires purpose-built networking for mission-critical workloads to ensure reliability and performance. General purpose or universal IP switches were not designed to keep up with the demands of enterprise-class storage workloads. Brocade will show what it means to network IP storage within the data center and between data centers with the industry's most complete networking portfolio for IP storage.
VMworld 2016 Breakout Sessions Featuring Brocade
- Session NET9460-SPO: Use Cases for Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) with NSX
When: Monday, August 29, 2016, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. PDT
Many organizations are looking to operate a multi-tenant datacenter serving stakeholders across a growing number of departments that manage separate lines of businesses. Brocade and PhoenixNAP will discuss multi-tenant use cases in SDDC environments, architectural solution options, deployment considerations for hardware VTEP and how micro-segmentation helps departments securely self-provision services,.
- Session STO9607-SPO: Running Business Critical Applications and the SDDC on Hyper-Converged Infrastructure at the Speed of Flash
When: Monday, August 29, 2016, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. PDT
Virtualization has advanced beyond the hypervisor to include software-defined storage (SDS), hyper-converged infrastructure software (HCIS) and workload migration across data centers and cloud services. This session will discuss how to take full advantage of evolving SDS and HCIS capabilities with new flash-enabled architectures. Panel speakers from Brocade, Heraflux Technologies, SanDisk and VMware will provide real-world insights on key decision criteria for anyone considering a flash-enabled SDS or HCIS technology.
- Session VIRT9459-SPO: Deploying High-Performance Business Analytics on SDDC
When: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 8:00 a.m. to 9 a.m. PDT
Top architects from Brocade, SanDisk and VMware will share compelling use cases and the newest reference configurations for deploying business intelligence and analytics applications in SDDC based on all-flash and hybrid virtual SAN and VMware NSX. Speakers will discuss deployment architecture to make this reference configuration highly available by leveraging technologies from Brocade, VMware and Western Digital.
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) networking solutions help the world's leading organizations turn their networks into platforms for business innovation. With solutions spanning public and private data centers to the network edge, Brocade is leading the industry in its transition to the New IP network infrastructures required for today's era of digital business. (www.brocade.com)
© 2016 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
These products and features and their availability are subject to change at the sole discretion of Brocade, and Brocade shall have no liability for delay in the delivery or failure to deliver any of the products or features described herein.
Brocade, Brocade Assurance, the B-wing symbol, ClearLink, DCX, Fabric OS, HyperEdge, ICX, MLX, MyBrocade, OpenScript, VCS, VDX, Vplane, and Vyatta are registered trademarks, and Fabric Vision is a trademark of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. Other brands, products, or service names mentioned may be trademarks of others.